FeedTech Center Manager - Canada
Friday, July 24, 2020
The Center of Aquaculture Technologies is seeking a talented individual to provide leadership at its new, state-of-the-art FeedTech Centre in Souris, PEI, who will be responsible for the performance of the $2 million investment in the latest feed extrusion technology. The candidate will be customer-focused, experienced in extrusion technologies, conversant with engineering technology and supply chain/inventory management.
- Supervise and manage the activities/production schedule for the FeedTech business.
- Build strong and productive relationships with the different teams (nutrition, facilities and health) and colleagues across the Center for Aquaculture Technologies network.
- Liaise with clients to understand their needs and ensures the faultless delivery of the production process to exceed their expectations.
- Provide insight and recommendations on new business opportunities, while supporting the delivery of these projects.
- Proven problem-solving history with a practical and pragmatic approach.
- Engage with regulatory agencies and support corporate visits to the facility.
- Work with the QA manager to ensure that all SOPs and related documentation pertaining to CATC accreditations are achieved and maintained.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by line management.
- Previous experience in managing an extrusion production facility.
- A competent multi-tasker with a track record of “getting things done”.
- Ability to supervise and coach staff, building a highly engaged and empowered team.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to develop well-constructed protocols that meet client objectives.
- Good leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop a strong team is essential.
- An ability to effectively interact with colleagues throughout the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Strong organizational and planning skills are essential.
- A willingness to work flexibly to meet the demands of the job.
- An awareness of biosecurity and biosafety protocols for ingredient and feed manufacturing (e.g. HACCP).
- Driving license essential.
- Reliable, detail-oriented, organized, hard-working, self-motivated and accountable.
- Strong project management experience desirable.
For more information and application, visit aquatechcenter.com.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.