Senior Coordinator - Feed Standard
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
ASC is looking for a senior coordinator to lead the coordination of activities that are required during the implementation process of the ASC Feed Standard, and beyond. The implementation period will span the period between the release of the standard and first mills becoming certified and will require a problem-solving mentality in order to advance solutions on incoming questions and matters from the field. A range of documents are required (some of which are already under development) that will support both mills and auditors with the certification process. The position is expected to coordinate the development of these documents where appropriate, and to support document development outside the SaS-Department domain (mainly in collaboration with those responsible for Program Assurance, MarComms and Market Development). The role is also expected to engage with the Impacts Team (within the SaS Department) to coordinate impact evaluation (both data and non-data driven). As mentioned earlier, engagement with actors across the supply chain will also be crucial during this implementation period.
Beyond the implementation period, the role is expected to coordinate a stakeholder dialogue in order to advance the discussion regarding sustainability criteria for agriculture-based ingredients.
- Coordinate the development of Implementation Guidance.
- Contribute to the development of assurance documents needed for the audit process.
- Coordinate the development of training material, both for feed mills and for auditors.
- Contribute to the development of technical communication documents to service stakeholder’s engagement.
- Resolve incoming questions regarding the Standard.
- Deepen existing (technical) relationships relevant for the Feed Standard uptake, and develop tactics to expand the network in coordination with markets development staff with the ultimate aim to create wide understanding, support and uptake of the Standard within the industry and related stakeholders.
- Lead the overall coordination of a multi-stakeholder platform to continue the discussion regarding agriculture-based ingredients and their sustainability challenges.
- Maintain the Feed Standard Issue Log – a document that lists items of improvement for future versions.
- Engage with the ASC Technical Advisory Group as and when needed.
- Engage with colleagues and keep them informed where needed.
- Contribute to needs from colleagues where needed.
- Good understanding of issues in overall seafood sustainability and the role of (feed mill) certification in it.
- Affinity and relevant experience in feed manufacturing, feed mill certification, feed supply chain management/due diligence, commodity traceability challenges, marine ingredients sustainability challenges or agriculture-based ingredients sustainability challenges.
- Proven consensus-seeking stakeholder engagement.
- Proven project coordination experience.
- Able to travel regularly.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Excellent presentation, communication and reporting skills.
Job location is flexible. For more information and application, visit www.asc-aqua.org. Apply by September 11, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.