Technical Sales Specialist - USA
Friday, October 9, 2020
Skretting is looking for a technical sales specialist to support RAS clients in fish nutrition and production system performance.
- Maintain and grow sales relationships with existing clients in multiple production system types with the majority of the time (>75%) spent on RAS business.
- Identify and gain new business in sales territory working with the commercial team to tailor value propositions based on customer needs and wants.
- Assess clients’ needs, recommend and assist in the selection of appropriate feed features and value-added services suited to the production system and for the mutual benefit of the client and the company.
- Communicate sales activities and customer news with sales manager and account team.
- Maintain detailed feed requirement forecasts for clients and communicate needs to internal team effectively.
- Provide input for development teams in SKNA product design and features when feed or services must be tailored to suit commercial clients’ needs or key market trends.
- Develop presentations, proposals and other materials in collaboration with marketing to illustrate benefits from using Skretting or Bio‐Oregon feed and services.
- Prepare cost‐benefit analysis for clients’ needs comparing feeds and/or features.
- Support the preparation and execution of sales contracts as needed.
- Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and provide ongoing technical support.
- Implement and maintain technical support services to key clients.
- Support team members requiring technical input and aid.
- Troubleshoot problems related to feed, feeding and performance.
- Resolve complaints and prevent additional issues and maintain accurate records (CRM).
- Develop and maintain technical product and service knowledge to explain features and effects to clients and answer questions about diet features and services.
- Develop, implement and report on marketing plans (CRM) and sales strategies to achieve business goals.
- Assess market share, marketing conditions and competitors’ activities and develop an awareness of emerging markets and trends.
- Collaborate with the sales and support departments to maintain the flow of information and full-circle customer care.
- Post-secondary degree in biology, animal nutrition or aquatics.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the aquaculture field.
- Experience with various recirculating aquaculture systems.
- Understanding of water quality fundamentals.
- Sales experience an asset.
- Proven record of relationship building.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid passport.
- Ability to track, analyze and communicate effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs.
- Customer relationship management system skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of RAS production systems.
- Data analysis and understanding of modeling.
For more information and application, visit www.skretting.com. Apply by November 18, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.