Research Associate - Feed Mill
by Aquafeed.com Staff
Oceanic Institute - Aquatic Feed Nutrition (AFN) seeks a research associate to manage a Feeds Research and Pilot Production Facility to produce terrestrial and aquatic animal feeds in Hilo, Hawai'i.
• Bachelor's degree in animal science, grain science, or related discipline, or relevant experience
• Minimum five years' experience working in a research and/or commercial feed mill
• Competence and familiarity with the care and maintenance of basic feed mill equipment
• Must have reliable transportation to all HPU worksites
• Able to work all shifts and extended hours
• Experience managing all aspects of a research or commercial feed mill
• Experience working with a hammer mill, mixer, pellet mill, wet extruder, dryer, and fat coater
• Experience working with a variety of industry stakeholders to achieve feed mill production goals
• Work experience that demonstrates ability to lead a team
• Good interpersonal and communication skills; strong organization skills; handle multiple tasks and projects
Hawai'i Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable environment in which faculty and staff can excel irrespective of ethnicity, gender, faith, age, color, disability or genetic information. Hawai'i Pacific University encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities. A post-job-offer, pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
Brought to you by the industry's knowledge communicator, Aquafeed.com, our conferences will arm delegates with the latest processing information to meet head on the challenges facing this sector.