by Aquafeed.com Staff
Operation of microalgae and copepod production systems and assist supervisor with the day to day operations of live feeds culture systems and FinFish labs.
Oceanic Institute - Finfish-TNC-Sea Urchin - HPU Downtown Campus; Honolulu, HI
- BA/BS degree in relevant discipline is required
- Two years of aquaculture experience, with hatchery and/or algal culture experience
- Competence and familiarity of research technician responsibilities. - A combination of work experience and education may be considered
- One year supervisory experience; may be substituted with two years' experience as a research technician
- Must have reliable transportation to all HPU worksites
- Able to work all shifts and extended hours
- Swimming competency
- Experience working in a biosecure environment
- Experience with copepod, microalgae and sea urchin culture techniques
- Work experience that demonstrates ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; strong organization skills; handle multiple tasks and projects, good judgment; possess a valid driver's license or able to obtain one.
Hawai'i Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable environment in which faculty and staff can excel irrespective of ethnicity, gender, faith, age, color, disability or genetic information. Hawai'i Pacific University encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities. A post-job-offer, pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
Brought to you by the industry's knowledge communicator, Aquafeed.com, our conferences will arm delegates with the latest processing information to meet head on the challenges facing this sector.