Lab Analyst - Belgium
Thursday, October 22, 2020
INVE Aquaculture is looking for a lab analyst to support the scientific work and new product development within the innovations and product departments and execute and report on R&D experiments and other support tasks.
- Accurately and autonomously perform specific microbiological/analytical/biochemical tests according to the established laboratory procedures and protocols.
- Accurately and autonomously perform experimental productions following the established DOE (Design Of Experiment) and according to good laboratory practices and internal standards and procedures.
- Perform organized and structured routine support activities, like shipments and orders for third-party service providers and suppliers.
- Proactively communicate status updates and properly report data to scientists.
- Contribute to general lab management including upholding (bio)safety measures as well as maintenance and calibration of equipment, in support of the lab manager.
- Developing new SOP/WI for biochemical, chemo-taxonomical techniques based on literature and consulting the scientists.
- Contribute to the revision and the alignment of protocols with QC labs within the organization.
- Bachelors in one of the following fields: laboratory techniques, biochemistry, bioscience engineering, biotechnology, microbiology.
- Good knowledge of English (writing/speaking).
- Strong administrative skills.
- Previous experience in lab environment:
- Previous experience and knowledge in standard microbiology tasks are preferred.
- Using standard microbial and aseptic techniques.
- Working with biohazard to organisms and spore-forming organisms.
- Performing characterization tests: biolog, API, antagonism tests, hemolytical tests, aerotolerance tests, MIC tests, etc.
- Working with a microbial database (on beads).
- Performing bacterial growth analyses with an automatic reader system (e.g. Tecan).
- Knowledge and experience in developing new SOP/WI for biochemical, chemo-taxonomical techniques is preferred.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.