Feed Technology Center Manager (Extrusion) - UK
Thursday, October 22, 2020
Pontus Research is looking for a hands-on, customer-focused feed technology center manager with experience in extrusion technologies, conversant with engineering technology and supply chain/inventory management to manage the new business unit within Pontus operation.
Not necessarily from within the aquaculture sector, but with a proven track record in plant management and extrusion technologies, the successful candidate will be experienced in supply chain management, aware of the relevant regulatory requirements (with significant support provided from within the existing Pontus team) and have strong organizational and planning capabilities.
- Supervise and manage the activities/production schedule for the business unit.
- Stay abreast of all relevant guidelines and innovations in animal feed production.
- Build strong and productive relationships with different teams and colleagues across the Pontus operating.
- Liaise with clients to understand their needs and ensure the faultless delivery of the production process to exceed expectations.
- Problem-solve to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
- Engage with regulatory agencies and support regulatory, corporate and client visits to the facility.
- Work with existing Pontus staff to ensure that all SOPs and related documentation on the operation are developed, maintained and adhered to.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by line management.
An ambitious and capable engineer, able to work effectively alone or in a small team, not afraid to get their hands dirty and to promote the facility in front of senior corporate and client representatives.
- Previous experience in a feed or food extrusion facility.
- Thorough understanding of how different materials and ingredients physical and chemical properties can affect extrusion.
- Proven track record of operating different technological units in industrial raw material and feed processing.
- A competent multi-tasker with a track record of achievement.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to develop well-constructed protocols that meet client objectives.
- An ability to effectively interact with colleagues throughout the organization at all levels of seniority.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- A willingness to work flexibly to meet the demands of the job.
- An awareness of biosecurity and biosafety protocols for ingredients and feed manufacturing.
- Driving license and own car.
- Good understanding of animal feed formulation and least-cost formulations.
- An ability to build and manage a team.
- Demonstrable project management experience.
- Experience in formulating and designing bespoke animal feeds.
- Understanding of specific challenges with aquaculture feeds – water stability, gelatinization, expansion (sinking and floating), etc.
- Computer literacy – MS Office, feed formulation software.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.