General Manager - Mexico
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
INVE Aquaculture is looking for a general manager in Mexico to secure and improve the business and strive towards solid growth.
- Daily management of the company and the company’s employees.
- Follow up on all non-finance functions within the company: recruitment, appraisals and qualification of members of staff.
- Steer the good working of the company by the daily presence in the office – except when visiting customers or when on a business trip.
- Draw up and implement company objectives based on the business plan.
- Implement group policies and procedures (finance, HR, operations) in the company.
- Make, monitor and manage sales and OPEX budgets.
- Follow up on the local company’s performance.
- Manage sales administration following RSD directions.
- Manage and follow up of local product registration and import/export.
- Inventory management.
- Participate in auditing, reviewing analyses of achievements, costs, operations, discuss required changes, implementing new procedures to maximize operating efficiency.
- Implement and reach targets of the commercial plan for key accounts and distributors.
- Recruit and manage the team of local sales executives.
- Motivate the team to ensure that their competencies, skills and know-how are used and developed in the best possible way
- Work closely together with the RSD, sales support, marketing, order entry and supply chain for realizing the goals of the group’s business plan.
- Prepare monthly sales forecasts.
- Gather market intelligence and identify opportunities for sales expansion.
- Manage communication with key accounts and distributors.
- ldentify and fill in the requirements of the customer with the right product mix.
- Identify and propose suggestions for improving commercial results for RSD.
- Identify and support the synergies and opportunities for the wider Benchmark business growth.
- Secure and improve the business and strive towards a solid growth.
- Master degree or similar.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in sales management and people management.
- Proven relevant and successful sales experience.
- Experience in the aquaculture industry.
- Experience in an international commercial environment.
- Fluent in verbal and written English and Spanish.
- Target focused and result-driven.
- Taking initiatives and pro-active thinking.
- Dynamic and assertive personality.
- Social and communicative, able to connect.
- Strong organizational and time management competencies.
- Strong ability to lead and motivate the team.
- Strong drive to continuously enhance relevant knowledge and skills.
- Ability to build a strong network with local industry and policy stakeholders.
- Show interest in technical development.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Willing to travel extensively.
Job location is Mazatlán, Mexico. Send CV and motivation letter to Marc De Feyter, HRM@inveaquaculture.com.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.