Aquaculture Nutritionist - Canada
Thursday, May 6, 2021
Cooke Aquaculture is looking for an aquaculture nutritionist to join is Nova Scotia team.
- New ingredient assessment and fish feed development with a keen focus on diets for salmonids, seabass, seabream and shrimp.
- Key role in feed formulation and on-going formulation development and support for feed mill operations.
- Quality control-monitoring and improvements of both raw material ingredients and finished feeds.
- Feed mill process improvement. Supports the assessment of new manufacturing equipment and processing procedures.
- Keen desire to be involved in problem solving details and any performance or production issues.
- Research and development in fish trial data collection and assessment.
- Work with and provide feed nutrition related information to marine farming, hatchery, processing and sales groups within the Cooke Aquaculture group of companies. Help ensure that Cooke Aquaculture products meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Post-secondary education in aquaculture (preferred) or agriculture nutrition and animal feed production.
- Experience and/or training in formulation systems-preferably Brill.
- Knowledge in applied food production nutrition systems.
- Experience in aquaculture and/or other production species (i.e. poultry).
- Feed ingredient assessment knowledge and capabilities.
- Knowledge of feed mill operations.
- Experience with Quality Control and Process Improvement.
Job location is Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada.
For more information and to apply, visit careers-cooke.icims.com/jobs.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.