Aquaculture Scientist, Nutrition - New Zealand
Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Cawthron Institute is looking for a candidate to build its aquaculture group’s capability and capacity in fish nutrition.
- Play a key role in the growth and development of Cawthron and NZ’s Aquaculture nutrition capacity and capability.
- Develop, plan and implement finfish nutrition trials.
- Assist with the generation and delivery of Cawthron’s finfish research programs.
- Participate in aquaculture research/consulting projects and contribute to publications across Cawthron.
- Work well in teams to ensure scientific excellence is achieved, including consulting with clients, colleagues, collaborators and developing/maintaining networks and collaborations in areas of expertise.
- Work closely with our analytical scientists to understand composition and apply new methodologies.
- Contribute to the preparation of high-quality proposals for research and commercial projects.
PhD level nutrition expertise and 3 years of experience in applied aquaculture nutrition and feeding trials is required with expertise in other areas of finfish performance research. Successful candidates will be enthusiastic team players with strong leadership skills that demonstrate initiative and a collaborative approach.
Cawthron Institute provides practical and independent aquatic and environmental research expertise, scientific technologies and analytical services to help build environmentally and economically resilient communities.
Job location is Nelson, Glenhaven, New Zealand. Apply here by September 29.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.