Fermentation Specialist - Denmark
Thursday, August 22, 2019
Aliga Microalgae is expanding its operations and is seeking an experienced Fermentation Specialist to be responsible for the company’s fermentation production at its facility in Hjoerring, Denmark.
The candidate will be a key player in the manufacturing processes of microalgae and will bring a deep understanding of microbial physiology and biochemical engineering to facilitate successful development and implementation of lab to industrial scale fermentation production. The candidate will work and collaborate closely with other scientists in the team in strains development and optimization and will be able to design, set-up and perform experiments to improve product yield, from lab and pilot scale to large industrial production scale.
- A master's degree within Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Fermentation or related engineering or life science discipline.
- Previous experience in running, maintaining and troubleshooting of bench-scale and industrial scale microbial fermenters.
- It will be an advantage having experience in optimizing fermentation conditions for high-density cultures and fed-batch cultivation.
- Strong understanding of biochemical engineering principles, bioprocess development, fed-batch fermentation processes and feedback control systems.
- Understanding of engineering principles such as mass balance, mass transfer, fluid mechanics and reactor design preferred.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.