Director, Aquaculture Research Institute (ARI) - Idaho, USA
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Reporting to the Vice President for Research and Economic Development, the Director of the ARI provides leadership by promoting, organizing and coordinating interdisciplinary efforts in aquaculture research. The Director will manage personnel, budgets, and facilities including the Hagerman Fish Culture Experiment Station and the ARI facilities located on the Moscow campus. The Director is expected to represent the ARI by attending seminars and invited lectures at local, national, and international meetings and conferences. The Director will travel frequently between the Moscow and Hagerman ARI locations. Upon hire, the incumbent and the department will determine an office location.
• An earned doctorate (or equivalent terminal degree) in a relevant discipline from an accredited university.
• Eligible to meet the criteria for rank of tenured full research professor at the University of Idaho.
• Nationally/internationally recognized research focus and accomplishments relevant to the ARI mission.
• Experience leading or participating in multi-institutional interdisciplinary research projects.
• Commitment to team collaboration and team-based research.
• State willingness to travel regionally and nationally on a frequent basis.
• Demonstrated experience in program initiation, development, budgeting, and personnel management.
• Proven research leadership capabilities, demonstrated by success at a research or teaching university or other research organization.
• Demonstrated excellence in research and experience in collaborative research programs.
• Demonstrated vision, capability, and experience to address and solve problems.
• Demonstrated commitment to the land grant philosophy.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching, research, outreach and service.
• Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated experience interacting with faculty and staff, national laboratories, governmental entities, business, research sponsors, and the public.
• Demonstrated commitment to affirmative action and diversity, and a high level of professional credibility and personal integrity.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.