Technical Director, Aquaculture - Southeast Asia
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Calysta is an innovator in sustainable products to improve worldwide food security. Calysta is developing and commercializing FeedKind® protein, a sustainable and traceable alternative feed ingredient for fish, livestock and pet nutritional products. Produced via a natural fermentation, FeedKind® is non-GMO and price-competitive with existing sources of protein. Calysta is looking for experienced candidates to play a key role in informing and executing a commercialization strategy that will transform the aquaculture feed industry. With applications across the entire aquaculture industries, flexibility and a broad knowledge base are a must.
• Interface with customer technical departments to provide expertise on formulating feeds with FeedKind and articulating value proposition
• Develop relationships with influential farmers and other supply chain participants to drive demand for FeedKind
• Help design experiments, inspect CRO facilities, and incorporate the latest technology and techniques to identify nutritional and health benefits of FeedKind in-vivo
• Monitor trials with CROs and feed companies and intervene when necessary
• Develop relationships with leading academics to support basic research on FeedKind protein
• Support sales and marketing by interpreting trial results and helping articulate value proposition
• Support regulatory teams in designing trials for approval in new countries and applications
• Ability to grow with the company and support a broader sales and marketing organization in the future
• Ph.D. in aquaculture nutrition, veterinary medicine, or aquaculture
• 7 years industry experience
• Willingness and ability to travel globally (~35% of time)
• Experience across a variety of freshwater and marine species, experience with Litopenaeus vannamei
• Ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional teams
Contact Allan LeBlanc, Calysta
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.