Research and Development Manager - Greece
Thursday, September 12, 2019
IRIDA S.A. is a well-established major fish nutrition and fish advisory company based in Greece, with a turnover approaching €100 million. It operates out of two modern fish feed factories. Its products extend from conventional to organic high-quality fish feeds. It services the Greek market with significant and expanding exports in several Mediterranean countries, as well as servicing developing markets in the Middle East and the East African coast.
The company has currently a vacancy and is seeking to recruit a Research and Development Manager who will be based at its headquarters in Greece.
- Arrive at and manage all research and development activities and projects carried out within the company and between the company and others, including Universities, Research Institutes and major customers.
- Suggest new product development, product reformulation and targeting as well as advisory tools in line with new research findings and market changes.
- Maintain close contact with universities and research centers and others in the industry in the pursuit of new knowledge.
- Produce and maintain technical marketing literature off all types up to date.
- Maintain at all times excellent technical and quality competences within the company and its products while inspiring other colleagues to this end.
- Be aware of all EU and Greek regulations relevant to product functionality, quality and safety of feed and food.
- Follow new RM usage opportunities and changing nutrient requirements across targeted fish species as arising from scientific research and propose changes where necessary to the company.
- An aquaculture graduate, with a post graduate qualification.
- English speaking, although knowledge of Greek would be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently, as well as across the different functions within the company.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous working experience, not absolutely necessary, but would be an added advantage.
An excellent renumeration package and other benefits are available with this senior position.
For application contact email@example.com.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.