Aquaculture R&D Lead - UK
Thursday, September 19, 2019
The Denis Brinicombe Group and University of Stirling, Institute of Aquaculture, are looking for an aquaculture R&D lead. The candidate will be employed by the University of Stirling on a 3-year contract and will be based full-time at the offices of Denis Brinicombe Ltd, an animal health and nutrition manufacturer located in Crediton, Devon.
Although both academic and industrial supervisors will oversee the project the candidate is working on, he/she will need to have the capacity to operate and manage the project on a day-to-day basis. Therefore, strong personal skills, self-motivation, and the ability to plan and organize time are required.
- Review DBG business and the current requirements of the aquaculture industry.
- Assess the toxicity of active components against aquatic parasites.
- Validate the efficacy of optimized feed inclusion parameters against lice on infected fish.
- Optimize feed storage conditions.
- Regulate compliance and risk management.
- Oversee the environmental fate and toxicological impacts of the product.
- Conduct scalable and commercial pilot trials.
- Manage final embedding and commercialization.
- MSc or PhD in a relevant area of aquaculture, or BSc in a relevant area with equivalent industrial experience.
- Experience in aquaculture, especially working in aquaculture feed and/or aquatic animal health, preferably on cultured fish species.
- Candidate will ideally have some real-world work experience and have worked as part of a larger team and in environments where they have engaged widely with other people.
Apply by October 1. For more information and application visit www.stir.ac.uk.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.