Science communicator & stakeholder engagement manager - UK
Thursday, October 3, 2019
The Center for Sustainable Aquatic Research (CSAR), Swansea University, is looking for a science communicator and stakeholder engagement manager to support aquaculture projects. The center comprises large scale recirculating aquaculture systems as well as additional aquatic laboratories, including tropical, coldwater and algal facilities.
- Produce and disseminate high quality content to support a range of projects.
- Report and provide support to the director of CSAR in the successful engagement with a range of stakeholders working on various aquatic research projects at CSAR.
- Engage with stakeholders and funders, facilitate the delivery of aquatic research projects at CSAR, and disseminate their outputs and results.
- Support the delivery of the operations on all management matters including dealing with sponsors and other university departments on a routine basis. This will require building relationships with the operation delivery teams, management and support staff at Swansea.
- Support the principal investigators, including preparation of records and reports.
- Formally qualified to a high level in science and able to interact on a professional level with senior staff at Swansea University.
- Highly creative and motivated with experience on working within the sciences.
- Excellent writer, with the ability to turn complex subject matter into engaging content for a range of audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as well as being able to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Work well as part of a team of technical and research staff and facilitate the delivery of the aquatic projects to the highest standards within an academic and industry environment.
- Prior experience in outreach activities related to aquaculture or the water sciences, together with excellent interpersonal and managerial skills would be desirable.
This is a fixed term position for 24 months from December 2019 to November 2021. Job location is at the Singleton Campus, Sketty, UK.
Apply by November 3. For more information and application visit www.swansea.ac.uk.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.