Regional Technical Lead Aqua - Thailand
Thursday, October 24, 2019
Cargill is looking for a regional technical lead responsible for the application of Diamond V technology to aqua customers across Asia Pacific.
- 70%: technology application and deployment:
- Responsible for the application of Diamond V technology to aqua customers and prospects in close cooperation with commercial and marketing teams. Responsible for performance of product portfolio and keeping ahead of competitors in the aqua space. Organizes and provides training and best practice sharing across Asia Pacific to make sure all relevant team members have the necessary knowledge to successfully position of aqua portfolio.
- Provide technical support and expertise to the identified aqua strategic accounts in close cooperation with commercial teams to implement DV technology and get feedback from the field.
- Support the key account management and planning, including understanding the customer’s key needs, and subsequently crafting the appropriate technical recommendations and solutions. This role will also need to anticipate technical and commercial risks and aid in the crafting of mitigation plans to respond to said risks. It will also liase closely with the commercial and marketing teams to deliver Diamond V’s value proposition and help build a strong foundation of trust and sustainable growth.
- Design, implement and oversee both research and commercial trial to support the adoption of DV Technology with key customers as wining trials is a critical part of the sales process.
- 20%: customer relationship management:
- Initiate, develop and maintain long lasting set of customer relationships with a broad set of gatekeepers, influencers and decision makers, especially for select key aqua accounts across Asia Pacific. Facilitate strategic intercompany networking between Diamond V and customers to provide value where needed and maintain a high level of service to help customer achieve its goals.
- Develop deep industry/market knowledge and collaborate cross-functionally to identify and inform emerging industry trends and potential business opportunities. This role will seek to understand and identify customer needs and actively drive the design and deployment of product and service solutions.
- 10%: people, teamwork and cooperation:
- Proactively engage with key Diamond V team members to create and support effective collaboration and team work, driven by the key account management process. Exemplify Cargill leadership expectations and values, while supporting the continuous development of integrated relationships both with internal and external stakeholders. Partner with the marketing manager to provide direct input and support to the species and/or product line strategies.
- PhD degree (or equivalent experience) in aquaculture (nutrition/health).
- Demonstrated relationships and track record with key stakeholders in the large key aqua/shrimp customers across Asia Pacific (essentially Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam).
- At least 10+ years working experience in aquaculture or shrimp farming company, preferably from a health or nutrition and/or feed additive background.
- Demonstrated proven success in development, application or leadership of technology to support aqua business growth.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, influence and collaboration in a decentralized organizational structure.
- Experience in application of both animal health and nutrition solutions on aqua farms. Ability to articulate the relationship between health, nutrition, and performance, especially in challenged environments (i.e. disease).
Job location is Bangkok, Thailand. More information and application here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.