Post-Doctoral Research Assistant - UK
Thursday, October 24, 2019
The Institute of Aquaculture of the University of Stirling is offering a post-doctoral research assistant (PDRA) position to work on a European Commission funded project, AquaIMPACT.
The AquaIMPACT project is focused on investigating the concept of nutritional programming in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) as a method to improve the efficiency of utilization of sustainable feeds formulated with low content of marine and high content of plant ingredients.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting the nutritional trial and physiological studies, and laboratory-based biochemical and molecular analyses and for the day-to-day running of the project and assist the PI in project coordination and management.
- Fish trial implementation and management
- Sample collection and archiving
- Biochemical/nutrient analyses
- Molecular/gene expression (RNASeq and/or RT-qPCR) analyses
- Bioinformatic and statistical analyses
- Disseminating the project results (publication and presentation)
- PhD in a relevant discipline
- Experience in conducting fish trials (nutrition studies)
- Experience in molecular technologies (gene expression)
- Evidence of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Evidence of being able to work as part of a team
- Evidence of good administrative and project management skills
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good computing skills, including statistical and data handling packages
- Excellent time management skills including ability to prioritize workload
Apply by November 10. More information and application here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.