Technology Application Manager (Shrimp) - Viet Nam
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
The main task of the Technical Application Manager (TAM) is the implementation and application of CQN global technology in the region, design and apply it for the business team according to the local strategy. At the same time, follow up the development of nutrition technology of local breeds and cooperate with RMS team to develop and utilize local raw materials, assist business team to solve market challenges and carry out effective related technical training.
The TAM reports to the Regional Technical Application Lead, Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam, Cargill
1. Guiding and Implementing the Localization of Technology of Cargill Aquaculture Nutrition Business – 40%
- To fully understand the nutritional technology of Cargill Aquaculture Nutrition (plus Animal Nutrition is preferred) and its basic nutritional, physiological principles and management concepts through internal and external information channels;
- Closely cooperate with Regional TAM and TAC, so that both sides can fully understand the company's technology promotion plan and local business development plan, and coordinate and ensure the strategic consistency between the two;
- Understanding the application, benefits and value of new technologies and evaluating technologies suitable for local markets;
- Develop and implement local business development plans in collaboration with other executive teams in the region (QC, Production, RMS, SMT, Commercial, etc.);
- Consolidate local empirical data and analyze them according to the data results. Discuss with market and business team to support and determine market positioning;
- Prepare appropriate technology for marketing promotion, train local sales and technical service teams to enable them to apply technology to sales and marketing services;
- Tracking the application of technology and reporting the value of technology application;
- Participate in the technical audit of formulation, and continue to follow up and ensure the local implementation of technology.
2. Market and Sales Support – 30%
- Work closely with Marketing and Commercial teams to find opportunities for technological development;
- Developing local technical training materials to promote the rational application of technology;
- Providing technical information and assistance to internal stakeholders and customers;
- Keep a keen market insight and pay attention to market changes and competitors;
- Promote technical support to assist customer complaints and feedback.
- Providing technical assessment for undertakings in charge of the region.
- Providing training for technical service teams in farm management and solutions to related problems;
- Utilizing the training resources of the headquarters technical team.
3. Formulation design and market demand based on available local data – 30%
- Conduct purposeful experiments with TAC teams to meet the requirements of specific target customers;
- Collect regional empirical data and use them to guide product positioning;
- Providing assessment of raw material procedures for regional operations.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Typically Requires Bachelor Degree in applicable enabling science (animal nutrition or aquaculture nutrition)
- In-depth knowledge of shrimp and fish nutrition and physiology
- More than 3 years of relevant working experience in aquaculture industry;
- Results oriented and able to independently create and deliver.
- Communication and presentation skills
- Decision Making / Problem Solving
- Local regulation knowledge
- Process Excellence skills & experience
- Experience in productivity improvement and quality improvement
- Self motivated and self management. Be able to work with minimal supervision
Position Contacts / Complexity
- Commercial: 50% - Provide solution to develop product competitive advantage
- Customer: 20% - Translates customer needs into innovative solutions beyond primary area of expertise as well as assess potential value creation and optimization generated from innovation discoveries.
- FSQR: 10% - Partners with internal/external stakeholders to define, adopt and monitor performance indicators to identify/measure quality performance in areas that impact the customers and recommend areas of improvement and innovation.
- TAM: 10% - Partners with internal/external stakeholders to define, adopt and monitor performance indicators to identify/measure quality performance in areas that impact the customers and recommend areas of improvement and innovation.
- RMS 10% - Partners with internal/external stakeholders to define, adopt and monitor performance indicators to identify/measure quality performance in areas that impact the customers and recommend areas of improvement and innovation.
- HR/Finance/IT: 10% - Understands how feeding program/production expenditure/costs impacts businesses margins and pricing.
For more information or to apply, contact: Ms. Tran Thuy Trang
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.