Aquaculture Feed VP/Division Manager - Thailand
Friday, April 17, 2020
Inteqc Feed is looking for an aquaculture feed VP/division manager to propose, lead and direct the company’s R&D programs. These programs aim to develop new products and services improving the current solutions or to differentiate them from competitors.
65% technical duties
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the R&D organization:
- Partner with the Inteqc Group Operations, understand and translate the customers’ needs into the selection of biological assets for vaccine development.
- Leverage strong scientific background and global R&D network to identify best technologies and biological substrates to develop new products, in compliance with the agriculture regulatory requirements.
- Provide day-to-day scientific directions to the R&D organization, with a focus on problem-solving, and manage all operational duties, including compliance with corporate and local regulations.
- Apply leading-edge technical, functional and industry knowledge to guide project teams in the design and execution of experiments for the development of vaccines for aquaculture.
- Support the successful transition of process, analytical, and formulation approaches into manufacturing for scale-up activities.
- Ensure that timely and quality decisions are made pertaining to project progression, incorporation and or termination. Track and forecast project spending and resource through appropriate communication platforms.
- Establish, deploy and maintain key performance indicators related to the team’s operations and based on the target defined with the R&D leadership team.
- Duties in innovation, continuous improvement and risk-taking:
- Provide leadership in seeking and managing external R&D alliance, by building and nurturing a strong network of external expertise and capabilities in Inteqc to complement and enhance the local research and development efforts.
- Encourage innovation through identifying, validating and proposing investments in research, technology platforms, alliances and businesses to benefit local and potentially global projects.
- Provide R&D input on technology assessment and business development opportunities.
- Encourage, coach and recognize others to take appropriate risks.
- Develop and nurture a culture of continuous development at the Inteqc Labs, with a direct impact on project progressions and operational effectiveness.
20% business alignment
- Collaborate and interface with R&D network, as well as with internal and external customers to achieve joint targets/goals.
- Communicate to R&D governance body the Inteqc R&D aquaculture programs, risks, goals and resource utilization.
- Align across R&D organization by driving appropriate leverage of talent, facilities, processes and know-how.
15% talent development
- Develop team objectives, monitor progress and provide timely feedback to staff, allocate priorities, and assess resource requirements.
- Assess the technical and development needs of the R&D organization and develop the talent base through targeted hiring, training, secondments and mentoring.
- Proven track report of people development and retention.
- Build a culture of excellence in the R&D organization by embodying and championing Inteqc leaders’ values.
- Advanced degree (DVM and/or PhD), with a strong scientific background in marine science, aquaculture science, immunology, GMOs and vaccinology.
- Minimum of ten years of broad multi-national fish health experience, with previous education and/or work assignments in India and/or Asia.
- Good understanding of the aquaculture health business and regulatory landscape in India and Asia.
- Successful track record of bringing R&D biological candidates to market through key milestones, on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully leading teams that deliver innovative solutions to animal health problems and delivery of corporate goals.
- Ability to manage multiple functions and engage/influence senior executives and key opinion leaders (particularly in India or Asia).
- Demonstrate versatility with R&D governance, decision-making processes and navigation in a matrix organization to create internal alignment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English.
- Comfortable in project management, relationship building and consultative skills.
For application, send CV to email@example.com by October 30, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.