Technical Support Manager - Europe
Wednesday, August 5, 2020
BioMar is looking for a technically strong biologist/engineer with experience in marine finfish operations to support the WestMed and African market. The candidate will be an asset to consolidate the company’s position as the preferred feed supplier to aquafarms and to advise on optimizing grow-out production.
- Customer counseling in cooperation with the sales team.
- Onsite advice to customers optimizing fish production.
- Collect field data, analyze, report, give recommendations and follow up.
- Share knowledge at workshops and conferences – on-stage as well as off-stage.
- Plan, execute and evaluate benchmarks and BioFarm trials.
- Manage a team of five technical advisors.
As a part of our WestMed Customer Service & Sales organization, the BioFarm team strives to deliver high-level technical support for the benefit of customers, enhancing their possibilities of optimizing production. The team is characterized by an informal environment with a high competence level and good relationships.
- At least 10 years of experience within the field of marine grow-out operations.
- Managerial skills and experience.
- Formal education as a biologist or similar, alternatively as an engineer combined with knowledge of fish farm production.
- Exhaustive knowledge within modern aquaculture, production planning, feeding management, KPI assessment.
- Understanding and ability to handle growth and feeding models.
- An ability to speak and write both English and Spanish fluently. French language skills will be regarded as a plus.
- Competences in MS Excel and in expressing in writing.
The position will be based at the offices of BioMar SAS in Nersac, France or BioMar Iberia in Dueñas, Spain. Working remotely is also a possibility.
For more information and application, visit Biomar.com. Apply by August 31, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.