Manager Aquaculture - France
Thursday, September 3, 2020
DSM is looking for an aquaculture manager to be responsible for the aquaculture unit of the company’s Animal Nutrition and Health Research Center (CRNA) in Village-Neuf, France. The candidate will be the head of a small team of animal keepers and ensure the proper execution of R&D activities.
- Manage different fish generations to meet R&D demand.
- Ensure that R&D activities are carried out in accordance with DSM's quality and ethical standards, on time and with a high level of quality.
- Contribute to the planning of R&D activities, drafting protocols. Maintain the center infrastructure (water recirculation unit, biological filters, oxygenation units, etc.) and ensure the sanitary condition and fish well-being.
- Supervise a team of animal keepers, ensure their physical and psychological well-being and allow their development.
- Strive to continuously improve aquaculture and experimental practices.
- Fill out the functions of the animal welfare committee and the animal welfare committee.
- 5-8 years of aquaculture experience with hands-on experience in recirculating aquaculture systems and fish farming.
- Experience in conducting tests and experiments on fish.
- Experience or understanding of legislation and requirements related to animal testing and animal welfare.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to build relationships based on mutual respect.
- Good communication skills at all hierarchical levels.
- Sensitivity to a multicultural environment.
- Good knowledge and strong convictions on the legislation and ethics of animal experimentation.
- Fluency in French or at least a good basic level and willingness to improve. A basic level of English would be highly appreciated. Any other language is an advantage.
For more information and application, visit jobs.dsm.com.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.