Director of Sales & Technical Services - USA
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Green Plains is looking for a director of sales to drive new business, maximize legacy relationships and provide technical support to both groups in the North American aquafeed market. The candidate will work with customers under Optimal’s Nutritional Partnership Program and will work alongside product development and production to deliver complete feed-based solutions for conventional aquaculture, recirculating aquaculture and hydroponic systems.
- Develop customized value propositions targeted to the unique needs of the customer.
- Gather information on customer production system to enable customized feed solutions targeting growth performance, fish health, product quality and FCR improvement.
- Develop and execute annual sales forecasts.
- Develop new relationships in conventional, RAS, aquaponics/hydroponics market channels. Ensure cross-functional coordination to meet objectives.
- Provide detailed customer development updates to company management.
- Work closely with product development, marketing and production to deliver customized feed solutions to the customer.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in aquaculture.
- Thorough understanding of aquaculture production systems: conventional, RAS, aquaponics/hydroponics.
- Thorough understanding of downstream processing in the aquaculture value chain (fish processing, growing consumer trends in fish demand, consumer preferences for certain species).
- Ability to work independently with urgency and deadlines.
- Good organizational skills for multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads.
- Maintain positive professional relationships, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated business acumen and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be technically capable of using a computer and a range of software applications, particularly Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
More information and application here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.