Advisor RAS Production Biology - Norway
Tuesday, December 22, 2020
AKVA Group is in the process of establishing a new specialist team that will deliver production advisory services to its customers within land-based RAS salmon farming and is looking for one or two advisors for its core team.
The candidates will develop knowledge and solutions related to the health, performance and quality of fish in RAS and provide RAS farmers with services and solutions in those fields.
- Define and conduct development projects for optimizing fish performance, health and quality in RAS.
- Develop procedures for optimizing fish husbandry in RAS.
- Contribute actively to knowledge transfer towards commercial operations.
- Provide on-site service to RAS operations.
- Identify new areas for further improving biological RAS performance.
- Manage cooperation with research institutions.
- Higher education, PhD in aquaculture or related fields and relevant experience in RAS operations is preferred.
- Very good understanding of RAS dynamics.
- Strong skills in R&D processes.
- Good oral and written presentation skills in English.
- Good facilitator and communicator.
- Proactive and service minded.
The position will report to Dr. Wolfgang Koppe and work closely with members of his team and other colleagues in AKVA Group. Job location will be at the head office at Klepp, close to Stavanger, Norway. International travel will be mandatory.
For more information and to apply, contact Wolfgang Koppe, +47 97170502. Apply by January 17, 2021.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.