Aquaculture Plant Operations Supervisor - USA
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Rangen is looking for an aquaculture operations supervisor to manage and coordinate activities of all aquafeed production, quality and manufacturing. The candidate will also supervise plant operators, warehouse and machine operator personnel and assure daily use and practice of food safety systems.
- 2-3 years of manufacturing lead experience.
- More than one year of manufacturing supervisor experience.
- Extruder machinery experience will be helpful.
- Feed manufacturing experience will be helpful.
- Intermediate Excel knowledge.
- Intermediate computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office suites.
- A professional individual with strong leadership and organizational skills.
- A team player who excels at building relationships and encourages staff growth and development.
- A creative individual with experience in all aspects of a plant operation with an eye for efficient production methods and an understanding of best practices.
- Prioritizing multiple tasks for the best production efficiencies.
- Motivating and creating a unified team.
- Ability to efficiently manage production costs and align these costs to volume-produced.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to implement and oversee company policy regarding Feed Safety and worker safety.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the feed production, such as plant operators, warehouse and machine operator personnel.
- Confer with other managers to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments and locations.
- Conduct the morning meeting for production.
- Maintain timecards and attendance records, as well as working personnel folders for each direct report.
- Oversee employee coaching, training, and performance conversation. Including corrective actions and feedback conversations.
- Plan and establish with location manager work schedules and production sequences to meet production goals. Communicate assignments to the production crew.
- Oversee the hiring, terminating, advising, training, and reviewing of employees.
- Investigate discrepancies in daily production.
- Maintain paperwork and logs, including anything pertaining to production records.
- Report material, product, or equipment defects/malfunctions, assure cleanliness and safety.
- Demonstrate equipment operations, as well as work and safety procedures to new employees.
- Observe work and monitor all other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production, processing, and food safety standards.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems and concerns.
- Report all equipment, facility, personnel, safety, and other issues immediately.
- Serve as back up to all positions under your direct report and other positions as required.
- Monitor incoming materials needed for production.
- Responsible for reporting production safety problems to management, up to and including stopping a production line.
- Ensure compliance with all Food Safety Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, FDA and OSHA guidelines, as well as Federal and State laws governing the workplace.
More information or application here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.