Technician - Feed Extrusion Plant - Canada
Friday, June 4, 2021
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies is seeking an experienced feed extrusion plant technician in Souris, PE, Canada.
- Operate and maintain hammer mill, mixer, extruder, dryer, vacuum coater, cooler, augers, belt conveyors, bagging system and other related equipment of the pilot-scale extrusion plant.
- Calibrate feed processing and aquatic laboratory equipment, and ensure all records related to these procedures are up to date as required.
- Exercise Good Laboratory Practices.
- Comply with the Canadian Feed Regulations, Good Practices for the Feed Industry, and strict quality assurance program.
- Record raw data promptly and accurately following Good Documentation Practices.
- Develop and maintain safe laboratory practices.
- Comply to applicable Study Plans and SOPs.
- Clean and sanitize the pilot-scale extrusion plant and environment.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and bi-annual checks in the feed processing plant.
- College diploma or equivalent experience. Candidates with experience in feed processing will be given priority.
- Experience with food/feed processing equipment and farm equipment is an asset.
- This position requires skills relative to autonomy, attention to detail, teamwork, the ability to follow instructions and production schedules, and ability to act quickly when a problem arises.
For more information and to apply, visit aquatechcenter.com/career/. Apply by June 11, 2021.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.