Professor in Nutrition - UK
Wednesday, July 7, 2021
The University of Stirling is seeking to appoint a professor in animal nutrition within its Institute of Aquaculture (IoA). This professorial appointment comes at an exciting time for an individual who wants to help shape our ambitious strategic plan and new state-of-the-art facilities under development.
A Professor of Animal Nutrition or closely related field will drive an ambitious research strategy that maps on to the current focus of UKRI and international funding opportunities for transforming food systems, specifically sustainable aquatic feed sources. The successful applicant must have a well-developed track record in securing significant external funding and collaborating with colleagues from different research and technical specialisms, and the wider national and international academic and commercial research communities.
The IoA is contributing to positioning the University of Stirling as a Global Leader in providing solutions for improving the health and sustainability of aquatic ecosystems with climate-smart aquaculture and precision technology. The new professor in nutrition will play a vital role in achieving this goal and that of wider goals such as the UN SDG 14 Life below water.
The post holder will be expected to deliver internationally excellent publications, contributions to Impact Case Studies for the next REF period and be responsible for co-creating a strong research culture. Similarly, they will be expected to deliver high-quality teaching and supervision to UGs, PGTs and PGRs in nutritional sciences and sustainability. It is also expected they will secure large grants to support a healthy pipeline of PDRAs and provide mentorship to junior academic colleagues to develop the next generation of aquaculture nutritionists.
- PhD in relevant discipline.
- Higher education teaching qualification or equivalent.
- Sustained track record of publication in leading, peer-reviewed journals, to levels of outstanding excellence and a strong REF profile.
- Significant record of securing research grants/external funding and delivering on research projects as principal or co-applicant.
- Significant record of attracting and supervising research students.
- Experience in delivering high-quality, inspirational and motivational teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels preferably including online/digital programs.
- Extensive knowledge of issues and challenges facing universities in such areas as curriculum design, course assessment, quality assurance, enhanced student experience and unregulated income generation.
- Evidence of international recognition (e.g. plenary talks at international conferences).
- Demonstrated academic leadership in research and teaching and learning.
For more information and to apply, visit www.stir.ac.uk/about/work-at-stirling/. Apply by September 5, 2021.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.