Aquaculture Technical Manager - Vietnam
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
USSEC is seeking a part-time contractor to fill the position of Southern/Central Vietnam technical manager to identify where the USSEC can be most effective in promoting good aquaculture practices and feed-based systems.
- Innovative, proactive, flexible and willing to help USSEC develop a long-term program in Vietnam and region-wide.
- Vietnamese national with established aquaculture industry experience and an existing contact network. Undergraduate students/recent graduates should not apply.
- Good English language ability (speaking/reading/writing).
- Current passport and desire to travel extensively domestically and internationally for training and work assignments.
- Ability to interpret both the language and the content of other experts without significantly changing or adding to the meaning of what is being conveyed.
- Ability to work largely independently with remote supervision by the USSEC SEA Technical Director – Aquaculture (USSEC SEA TD) and liaise with the USSEC Vietnam Country Office and staff (located in Hanoi).
- This position requires attention to detail in project management, particularly with regard to administration and accounting. Candidates need to confirm that they will be able to follow accounting and compliance procedures, manage a set budget and understand that these are key responsibilities of the position.
- Access to high-speed internet in a quiet environment is highly desirable, particularly during pandemic restrictions.
- Reasonable quality personal laptop and mobile phone.
- Applicant must be willing to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as soon as it is available locally, if not vaccinated already.
- Experience in organizing training programs, workshops and seminars (including in remote areas), and giving presentations.
- International aquaculture experience desirable.
- Experience working with Vietnamese national and local government bodies.
- Feed milling (both steam pelleting and extrusion).
- Experience across freshwater and marine fish and crustaceans (shrimp and prawns) – particularly tilapia, carps, pangasius, key marine fish species, black tiger and white shrimp.
- Aquafeed formulation and understanding of the aquafeed ingredient trade flow.
- Aquaculture/seafood certification programs.
- Conducting demonstrations in the field with commercial farmers.
- Experience with varied aquaculture production systems, including a network of connections to small, medium and large-scale operations (offshore marine cage experience particularly valued).
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and the position will be filled immediately upon identification of the appropriate candidate. Apply by email to LManomaitis@ct.ussec.org with the subject line “F21GXSA006-05: USSEC Southern/Central Vietnam Aquaculture Technical Contractor Position” and include a cover letter, a CV and two references (English). For more information here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.