Principal Scientist - Ecuador
Friday, December 17, 2021
Cargill is looking for a principal scientist to join its Aqua Nutrition R&D team to develop shrimp nutrition technology to drive the development of shrimp projects.
- 50% project leader: Oversee initiating and leading projects and/or being the main contributor to projects delivering offerings or capabilities from exploring to implementation. The candidate must be highly strategic in choosing the right projects, activities and capabilities in alignment with the company’s strategy.
- 25% innovation leader: Build, lead and deliver on the research pipeline for tomorrow’s aqua nutrition.
- 25% key thought leader: Key role in expanding the company’s position as a thought leader in defined areas.
- PhD in animal science (health, productivity, sustainability) and more than five years of research experience.
- Ability to manage projects and a research pipeline with a strategic and tactical mindset.
- A strong vision of what are the focus areas of interest with desire and passion for innovation.
- An open mind to create connectivity inside the company’s R&D system and business and external such as universities, startups and other companies.
- Strong analytical skills and high intellectual capacity, ability to deal with complexity and be synthetic.
- Global mindset to connect and understand requirements in different countries and cultures.
- Compelling and authentic communications skills, engaging and approachable manner.
- Lead by influence and with a compelling vision.
- Agility to work across species, globally in a virtual environment.
- Ten years of aquaculture research experience with a focus on shrimp nutrition and/or health.
- Industrial recognized leading shrimp expert in either of the following areas: nutrition, immunity, physiology and health.
More information here. Apply by January 31, 2022.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.