A new Norwegian research project will provide knowledge about how the interaction between fatty acids, zinc and cholesterol in the feed affects the fish's health and robustness.
Five genetically modified crops (three maize and two soybeans) were authorized and the authorization for three maize crops were renewed.
The second fishing season registered 88% of the total quota established in 2.78 million tons.
After their success in tilapia, researchers will test proteins and oils derived from a combination of marine microalgae to replace traditional fishmeal and fish oil in trout.
By having ISO 14067:2018, the company provides certified carbon footprint figures on any of the aquaculture feed products in its portfolio to accelerate sustainability.
Aquaculture nutrition and health
Watch Albert Tacon talk about aquaculture nutrition and health as part of the WA2020 webinar series.
- IFFO reports improved availability of marine raw materials in November 2020
- Bacteriophages in agriculture and aquaculture
- Soft Commodities Forum members surpass soy traceability target
- IFFO reports total cumulative 2020 fishmeal and fish oil production down compared to 2019
- European Commission reports 65 million tons of feed of EU origin
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.