AFIA opens application to join its committee
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
The American Feed Industry Association (AFIA) opened the opportunity for industry experts to learn and work toward the betterment of the industry by requesting consideration to sit on an AFIA committee. More details on what each committee works on can be found under their plans of work.
Committees oversee ongoing activities, interests and programs in very specific disciplines and reflect upon all segments of the feed industry. AFIA member companies in good standing are eligible for election to a committee. Requirements of committee members typically include:
- One to two in-person meetings per year, usually at the International Production & Processing Expo, the Purchasing and Ingredient Suppliers Conference, or other industry events.
- Conference calls between meetings as needed.
- Active engagement and participation.
- A three-year commitment beginning in May 2021.
Please note, new committee members are selected by ballot. To be considered for nomination and election to a committee, contact the appropriate staff person below by February 26, and they will help you get started to put your name on the ballot.
- Aquaculture – Leah Wilkinson
- Equipment Manufacturers – Gary Huddleston
- Ingredient Approval and Definition – Leah Wilkinson
- International Trade – Gina Tumbarello
- Liquid Feed – Paul Davis
- Marketing – Victoria Broehm
- Nutrition – Paul Davis
- Production Compliance – Gary Huddleston
- Purchasing and Ingredient Suppliers – Veronica Rovelli
- Quality and Animal Food Safety – Paul Davis
For less of a commitment, there are a number of member interest groups (MIG) available for members to join.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.