Join F3 webinar on emerging trends in alternative feeds for carnivorous fish
Friday, August 6, 2021
The F3 – Future of Fish Feed will convene a panel of major feed companies and producers to discuss the latest achievements in fishmeal and fish oil replacement for carnivorous fish. Panelists will discuss the latest research breakthroughs, challenges, and potential for totally eliminating wild-caught feed ingredients in carnivorous fish diets.
The webinar will take place on August 19, 2021 at 5 am GMT/1 pm Beijing time/1 am EDT.
Carnivorous fish are some of the largest consumers of fishmeal and fish oil across the aquaculture sector. While salmonids and shrimp are the most well-known consumers, other species such as largemouth bass, pompano, red sea bream and barramundi are often fed high levels of fishmeal and fish oil. In order to continue to supply these seafood staples, aquaculture farmers are increasingly looking for alternative ingredients to replace fishmeal and fish oil in carnivorous fish feeds.
Carnivorous fish present a larger challenge for the adoption of fish-free feeds than omnivores because their nourishment in the wild is from consuming other fish. Yet there are compelling success stories that offer further proof that fish need nutrients not specific ingredients such as fishmeal and fish oil.
Panelists will include representatives from Alltech, Aqua Cognoscenti, Dainichi Corporation, Florida Atlantic University, Ocean Era, and the USDA’s Agricultural Research Service. A Q&A session will follow presentations.
This event is part of a year-long webinar series hosted by the F3 Team. The webinars are free and open to everyone. For more information and to register, visit f3meeting.com/webinars.
- Ewen McLean, Ph.D., Consultant, Aqua Cognoscenti and F3
- Caird Rexroad, Ph.D., National Program Leader for Aquaculture, USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS)
- Marty Riche, Ph.D., Research Professor, Florida Atlantic University – Harbor Branch Oceanographic Research Institute
- Paul Wills, Ph.D. Research Professor and Associate Director for Research, Florida Atlantic University – Harbor Branch Oceanographic Research Institute
- Neil Sims, Founder and CEO, Ocean Era
- Alex Tsappis, U.S. Aquaculture Business Manager, Alltech
- Boyd Way, Foreign Trade Manager, Dainichi Corporation
Kevin Fitzsimmons, Ph.D., Chair and Judge of the F3 Challenge, professor and director of International Initiatives at the University of Arizona.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.