Cargill's Format Solutions introduces new iNDIGO software platform
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Cargill’s Format Solutions business has unveiled iNDIGO™, its new animal feed formulation software designed to calculate more precise feed and nutrient recommendations.
“iNDIGO is the next generation of software that will help our customers use formulation as a true business planning tool,” said Ian Mealey, product line director, Format Solutions.. “Our customers’ needs are changing, and formulation software must also change so its users can continue to run successful businesses and help their customers thrive.”
Designed by Format Solutions nutritionists and formulators, iNDIGO offers a wide-range of features, including:
- Reviewing and editing nutrient data across multiple production sites and time periods
- Increasing accuracy of forward evaluations by reflecting the true variability in all data inputs
- Leveraging a SQL database for better communication of information between stakeholders and integration with other systems
- Highlighting and communicating critical business information such as ingredient requirements, product costs and nutritional details
- The flexibility to customize reports and integrations according to the users’ requirements
- Closer modeling of the real world through new optimization features
These data management and optimization features provide customers with a more complete and accurate formulation picture to help them make cost-effective recipe design and ingredient purchasing decisions.
iNDIGO is presented with a new, dynamic, user-friendly screen layout that features:
- Flexible filter and search facilities to quickly find the data required
- A wide range of data management tools and features, easily accessible in an easy to use workflow
- Full data visibility across production sites and time periods
- Detailed on-screen reports and graphics, including nutrient and cost contribution reports, variance reports, ingredient requirements summaries
“iNDIGO provides a customizable, flexible and secure formulation solution,” said Bruce Feist, managing director for Format Solutions. “This new offering is part of our overall strategic approach to provide formulation, operations and digital nutrition technology solutions for our customers, and is backed by a team of knowledgeable industry and technology professionals around the world, who are experts in helping our customers with important assessment, formulation and planning support.”
Learn more about the new software in the article "Don't Neglect the Optimization" in the latest issue of Aquafeed Magazine
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.