2019 Aquaculture Awards winners announced
Thursday, May 30, 2019
Organized by the Aquaculture UK team, the Aquaculture Awards 2019 recognize the achievements in different elements of the sector and give due recognition to those making an exceptional contribution to the industry, now and in the future.
The winners of this year’s Aquaculture Awards were:
- Applied Research Breakthrough Award to BioMar, Mowi, Scotish Sea farms, the University of Stirling and SAIC for closing the cycle of captive ballan wrasse.
- Sustainability Award to Bioretur for converting fish waste to fertilizer.
- International Impact Award aquaculture accelerator Hatch.
- Technical Innovation Award to XpertSea for its growth platform.
- Diversity Award to Open Blue Sea Farms for its offshore cobia production.
- Animal Welfare Award to Marks & Spencer for its welfare outcome measure program.
- Most Promising New Entrant Award to Underwater Contracting’s Foover and Mowi’s Clara McGhee.
- People’s Choice Award to Richard Darbyshire, Scottish Sea Farms’ regional production manager.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.