Empowering digestive performance of aquafeeds
Thursday, January 9, 2020
With over 100 aquacultured species, there is great variety in the digestive systems of these species. A good understanding of their specific digestive processes is therefore necessary to optimize digestion in these species. Gut health is constantly threatened by pathogenic microbiota, antinutrients from feed raw materials and water quality imbalance. The gut is not only the organ where the digestion and absorption of nutrients essential is to growth and health take place, it is also a critical organ in the immunity of fish and shrimp. Herbal additives and organic acids can be used to promote a sound gut health required for a proper digestion and absorption of nutrients, as well as better resistance to diseases, resulting in improved feed performance. Other digestive aids include enzymes which assist fish to digest and utilize indigestible nutrients but also overcome the negative effect that antinutrients can have on the digestive process. Emulsifiers are another useful tool to improve digestion, absorption and transport of lipids, but not just lipids. Aqua nutritionists have therefore a full array of additives to customize optimum nutrition in the most cost-efficient manner.
Martin Guerin, regional technical manager aquaculture APAC/ISIC at Adisseo, will talk about how to empower digestive performance of aquafeeds at the Aquafeed Horizons Asia Conference that will be held on March 24 alongside the VICTAM and Animal Health and Nutrition trade show in Bangkok, Thailand.
For more information and registration visit www.feedconferences.com.
- Current issues and challenges to aquafeed development and use within the Asian region, Albert Tacon, technical editor, Aquafeed.com.
- New ASC aquafeed standard, Michiel Fransen, head of standards & science, ASC.
- Not all feed ingredients are the same: The use of marine ingredients in aquafeeds, Neil Auchterlonie, technical director, IFFO RS Acceptance Committee.
- Application of insect meals in aquaculture, Nicolas Piggott, CEO, Nutrition Technologies.
- Standardized and documented botanicals to cope with customers demand and aquaculture challenges, Guillaume Le Reste, product manager aquaculture, Nor-Feed.
- Empowering the digestive process in aquafeeds, Martin Guerin, regional technical manager aquaculture, Adisseo.
- Managing farm, feed and 5G: Are we ready?, Kabir Chowdhury, sales director South Asia, Jefo.
- Preparing the foundation for digital factories, Robert Strathman, president, Famsun-USA Design and Engineering.
- IoP: Leveraging people, process, and platforms to maximize aquafeed production, Paul McKeithan, head of digital services, Bühler Aeroglide.
- Use of process modelling as a tool to optimize aquafeed production, Dr. Hongyuan Cheng, Professor, Feed Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences.
- Critical parameters of extruded micro aquatic feeds, Spencer Lawson, process technologist, Wenger Manufacturing.
- Single and twin screw extruders – Pros and Cons, Peter Soenderskov, application sales manager, Andritz Feed & Biofuel.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.