How to prepare the foundation for digital factories
Monday, February 3, 2020
The future of manufacturing is shifting to a digital enterprise, one where the timely acquisition of process and product data, efficient analytics, and informed decision making are creating significant competitive advantages for early adopters. Digital manufacturing technology continues to evolve but its core is all about having the right information, at the right place, at the right time.
Robert Strathman, president and director of process technology at Famsun-USA Design and Engineering, will discuss the definition of digital manufacturing, its benefits and what steps aquafeed manufacturers can take now to prepare for what the future holds at the Aquafeed Horizons Asia 2020, that will be held on March 24 in Bangkok as part of the VICTAM and Animal Health and Nutrition Asia 2020.
The theme will be Current trends and future developments in aquaculture feeds, focusing on what aquafeed producers should know and practical steps they can take to ensure they are not left behind as the industry moves forward. The conference is the 13th in a series of international conferences for the commercial aquafeed industry.
Registration and program details are available on the conference website feedconferences.com.
- Current issues and challenges to aquafeed development and use within the Asian region, Albert Tacon, technical editor, Aquafeed.com.
- New ASC aquafeed standard, Michiel Fransen, head of standards & science, ASC.
- Not all feed ingredients are the same: The use of marine ingredients in aquafeeds, Neil Auchterlonie, technical director, IFFO RS Acceptance Committee.
- Application of insect meals in aquaculture, Nicolas Piggott, CEO, Nutrition Technologies.
- Standardized and documented botanicals to cope with customers demand and aquaculture challenges, Guillaume Le Reste, product manager aquaculture, Nor-Feed.
- Empowering the digestive process in aquafeeds, Martin Guerin, regional technical manager aquaculture, Adisseo.
- Managing farm, feed and 5G: Are we ready?, Kabir Chowdhury, sales director South Asia, Jefo.
- Preparing the foundation for digital factories, Robert Strathman, president, Famsun-USA Design and Engineering.
- IoP: Leveraging people, process, and platforms to maximize aquafeed production, Paul McKeithan, head of digital services, Bühler Aeroglide.
- Use of process modelling as a tool to optimize aquafeed production, Dr. Hongyuan Cheng, Professor, Feed Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences.
- Critical parameters of extruded micro aquatic feeds, Spencer Lawson, process technologist, Wenger Manufacturing.
- Single and twin screw extruders – Pros and Cons, Peter Soenderskov, application sales manager, Andritz Feed & Biofuel.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.