AFIA Employee and Product Transportation Safety Webcast - November 30,2010, 3:30pm EST
This webinar has been developed by the American Feed Industry Association for the guidance and safety of all employees specifically related to transportation safety - open to AFIA members and non-members
No plan in a manufacturing facility is of greater importance than the accident prevention plan. The degree of safety and the results accomplished are directly proportional to the effort expended to control the conditions, practices, and human actions that are responsible for accidents. This webinar has been developed for the guidance and safety of all employees specifically related to transportation safety.
AFIA’s Equipment Manufacturers’ Committee and Integrator Committee recently completed a guidance document on Transportation Safety and how it relates to the feed industry. This webcast will go in-depth on a number of issues that are covered in the guidance document and participants will receive a copy of the document after the webcast.
- Dr. Charles Stark, Assistant Professor, Extension Specialist – Feed Milling, NC State University
- Terry Medemblik, Sales Manager, Walinga Inc.
- Jack Lyle, Vice President and General Manager, Warren Manufacturing, Inc.
- Keith Epperson, Vice President, American Feed Industry Association
Some of the topics that will be addressed include:
- Truck flushing guidance
- General rules and safety
- Safety symbols and labels
- Confined space
- Personal protective equipment
- Loading and unloading
- Coupling and uncoupling truck to trailer
- Inspection and maintenance
- Working around overhead power lines
- Pre-trip inspection
- Driver’s vehicle inspection report
- Drug and alcohol policy
The course will cost $279 for AFIA members and $319 for non-members. The registration deadline is November 24 , 2011.
PDF registration form.