Aller Aqua, WAS African Chapter to hold webinar series on aquafeeds for Africa
A series of six webinars focused on African aquaculture will be held by the WAS African chapter in cooperation with Aller Aqua.
Aller Aqua has been supporting the development of the African aquaculture sector for the past few years. Through its factories in Egypt and Zambia, technical support and farmer training across Africa, the company has brought high-quality aquafeeds closer to the African fish farmers.
The company will sponsor the WAS African chapter AFRAQ20 to be held in Egypt from December 11-14, 2021 and will also sponsor a series of six webinars, Aquafeeds for Africa, focused on sharing knowledge and helping farmers across Africa optimize production.
Ole Haubro, sales director Africa for Aller Aqua, said that “one of the ways in which Aller Aqua makes a real difference in the aquaculture sector in Africa is through long-term thinking. We believe in the African aquaculture sector and want to see it grow and develop for many years – and we want to help drive that and be part of it. That is why we conduct farmer training and share global knowledge which benefits farmers locally – we have a lot of experience and research to draw upon. Webinars are a great way of reaching a big audience all over Africa, and I hope that many will participate and gain new input and inspiration.”
- August 17 - Bringing aquaculture in Eastern Africa to the next level (Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda). Register here.
- September 7 - Fish feeding for freshwater, brackish water & marine species. Register here.
- September 14 - Shrimp feeding from post-larvae to grow-out using Aller’s shrimp products. Register here.
- September 21 - Enhancing aquaculture development through improving aquafeed value chains. Register here.
- September 29 - Aquaculture country profile: Ivory Coast with special emphasis on aquafeed value chains and the role of WAS. Register here.
- October 5 - Nigeria: Aquaculture development with special emphasis on aquafeed value chains and the role of WAS. Register here.