International Aquaculture Biosecurity Conference 2009 – Low-rate Preregistration Deadline Extended to July 1
August 17-18, 2009
The IABC discounted (3500 NOK, US$550, or 390 €) registration and abstract submission deadline has been extended to July 1st to accommodate increased interest from developing countries. Registered participants also receive an IABC Proceedings and a copy of the forthcoming Aquaculture Biosecurity II book to be published by Wiley-Blackwell.
If you are considering participating in the IABC, we urge you to take advantage of the discounted early registration rate and negotiated hotel rates, and submit a poster presentation abstract by July 1. Significant contributions that supplement the planned chapters of the Aquaculture Biosecurity II book will be invited to contribute additional chapters. Early travel and accommodations arrangements are strongly recommended for the participants of IABC and of the AquaNOR tradeshow (the largest in the world).
The IAB Conference is a unique venue to discuss the practical approaches for the prevention, control, and eradication of infectious and contagious aquatic animal diseases covering:
· Economic impact of disease and biosecurity programs
· Components of ideal biosecurity plans and programs
· International, regional and national strategies
· Identifying and prioritizing hazardous diseases and
· Determining and mitigating hazardous disease critical
control points and risks
· Disease epidemiology, surveillance and monitoring
· Determining disease status and freedom
· Control and eradication contingency plans and programs
· Disease diagnostics, medical and farm record keeping
· Implementing, auditing and certifying biosecurity programs
IABC target audiences are aquaculture producers, veterinarians, and government officials willing to share opinions about practical approaches to biosecurity.
For registration, abstract submission, travel, hotel and local activities go to www.IABConference.org
Additional information can be obtained from the IABC Secretariat (IABCsec@iastate.edu)