International Aquaculture Biosecurity Conference 2009
August 17-18, 2009
Early registration deadline (June 1) is fast approaching for a unique conference dealing with the Practical Approaches for the Prevention, Control, and Eradication of Infectious and Contagious Aquatic Animal Diseases.
The IABC website has been updated with information on current speakers, requirements for abstract submission, registration, travel, hotel and local activities.
Take advantage of the discounted early registration rate, or submit a poster presentation abstract by June 1. Early travel and accommodations are recommended for the IABC and the AquaNOR tradeshow (the largest in the world) as summer in Trondheim is a high tourist season.
Open to aquaculture producers, veterinarians, and government officials to share opinions about practical approaches to biosecurity including:
• Economic impact of disease and biosecurity programs
• Components of ideal biosecurity plans and programs
• International, regional and national strategies
• Identifying and prioritizing hazardous diseases and
• Determining and mitigating hazardous disease critical
control points and risks
• Disease epidemiology, surveillance and monitoring
• Determining disease status and freedom
• Control and eradication contingency plans and programs
• Disease diagnostics, medical and farm record keeping
• Implementing, auditing and certifying biosecurity programs
For registration, abstract submission, travel, hotel and local activities go to: www.IABConference.org.
Additional information can be obtained from the IABC Secretariat.
Download flyer from link below (PDF):