Strong interest in Aquafeed Conference during Aquaculture 2013
Program brings together international experts to discuss real-world aquafeed solutions
January 4, 2013
Registrations are building for the first Aquafeed.com conference to take place in North America. \"Practical Developments in Aquafeeds - Feed Advances to Boost Profitability\" is the name and the theme of the Aquafeed.com meeting, which will focus firmly on practical feed solutions for the commercial aquaculture sector.
\"We are excited to be able to help inform the industry about the latest trends and developments in aquafeed formulation and processing by bringing a workshop to North America\", Aquafeed.com\'s proprietor Suzi Dominy said. \"We have been presenting similar programs in Europe and Asia for a number of years and welcome the opportunity to put on a workshop during the World Aquaculture Society meeting\".
\"At the last triennial, the WAS Aquaculture meeting attracted more than 4,000 attendees from 90 countries, and that internationalism is already beeing seen in our registrations, with delegates from countries such as Australia, China, Indonesia and South Korea as well as the USA, signing up\".
\"The program is complete\", Dominy said. \"We are bringing together a high caliber international line-up of top industry speakers\".
Speakers and topics:
• Trends and advances in feed formulation – towards lowest cost fish production
– Dr. Gavin Shaw, Skretting North America
• Evaluation of New Ingredients
– Eric Bell, Cargill (Empyreal75)
• Potential of extra nutritional additives to keep shrimp healthy and farmers wealthy
– Dr. Peter Coutteau, Nutriad
• Phytogenics; a new tool to improve performance in aquatic species
– Dr. Pedro Encarnacao, Biomin
• The future for soy in aquaculture feed development – addressing basic and applied research needs to meet
the growing demand for aquaculture feeds? - Dr. Steven Hart, Soy Aquaculture Alliance
• Extrusion Options for Product Specific Aquafeeds
- Joe Kearns, Wenger Manufacturing
• Drying energy efficiency and uniformity in aquatic feeds
- Speaker from Andritz (TBC)
• Mineral nutrition in aquatic animals
- Speaker from Novus (TBC)
Practical Developments in Aquafeeds - feed advances to boost profitability will take place February 23, 2013, Nashville, TN., USA. The meeting is open to registered delegates and visitors to the World Aquaculture Society\'s triennial event, Aquaculture 2013.
There is no fee, thanks to the support of Cargill, Skretting and Wenger Manufacturing, but delegates MUST reserve a place by registering at: www.feedconferences.com.
\"Don\'t miss your chance to learn about real-world feed solutions: places are limited and going fast,\" Dominy said, \"you are strongly advised to reserve your place now.\"