The US Food and Drug Administration will hold a public meeting on November 21, 2013, at College Park, MD, USA, to discuss the proposed rule to establish current good manufacturing practice and to require hazard analysis and risk based preventive controls for food for animals. This proposed rule is one of several proposed rules that will establish the foundation of, and central framework for, the modern food safety system envisioned by Congress in the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). The meeting is also designed to solicit oral stakeholder and public comments on the proposed rules, inform the public about the rulemaking process (including how to submit comments, data and other information to the rulemaking dockets), and respond to questions about the proposed rules.
This is the first of three public meetings FDA plans to hold on this FSMA proposed rule. Information on the additional meeting can be found on the FSMA Meeting page1. The agenda format will be the same for each meeting.
For general questions about the meeting, for assistance to register for the meeting, to request an opportunity to make an oral presentation, or to request special accommodations due to a disability, contact: Aleta Sindelar, 7519 Standish Place, RM 133, Rockville, MD 20855; Phone 240-276-9230; Fax 240-276-9241; or Email email@example.com.
Registration and Webcast Information
You may register online by completing the electronic registration form and emailing it. See the instructions below.
- Click on electronic registration form2; a registration form will open
- Complete the form
- Click Submit at the bottom of the form; an email with the form as an attachment will be generated
- A pop-up window will open asking you to select an email client; if the pop-up window does not appear, make sure that your browser is set to allow pop-ups
- Select your Desktop Email (or Internet) Client, and click OK
- If you chose Desktop Email Application, an email will pop-up
- Click the Send button on the email to submit the form
NOTE: hitting Submit on the form alone does not send your registration; you must email the form to complete the process
- To print or review your submitted registration form, check the email folder which stores your Sent emails
Registration for the meeting will also be available on site.
This meeting will be available for public viewing via Adobe Connect at https://collaboration.fda.gov/r4g7zwj0vea/3 at the time of the meeting.
Agenda for the November 21, 2013 Public Meeting5 (PDF: 304KB)
Transportation via Washington Metro7 8(College Park-U of MD Metro Station on the Green line is located across the street from the Wiley Federal Building)
November 14, 2013: Closing date for request to make oral comment
November 14, 2013: Closing date to request special accommodation due to a disability
November 19, 2013: Closing date for advance registration
To comment electronically on the proposed rule for Preventive Controls for Food for Animals, see Docket No. FDA-2011-N-0922 on http://www.regulations.gov9.