Aquaculture Conference at VIV Asia
Aquaculture Today and Tomorrow Conference will discuss topics relevant to the sustainable development of the Asian Aquaculture industry
March 5, 2007
Conferences at VIV Asia include aquaculture
Conferences will be a major feature of this year's animal husbandry series of trade shows, VIV Asia, to be held at the BITEC, Bangkok, Thailand, March 7-9, 2007. The conference, Aquaculture Today and Tomorrow will discuss topics relevant to the sustainable development of the Asian Aquaculture industry.
• Opening Speech: Mr. Thad Simons, President & CEO Novus International Inc., USA
• Opening Ceremony: Dr. Somying Piomsombun, Deputy Director-General Department of Fisheries, Thailand
• Policy and Regulations for Aquaculture in Thailand: Dr. Somying Piomsombun, Deputy Director-General Department of Fisheries, Thailand
• Environmentally Friendly Shrimp Farming for Sustainable Production: Professor Dr. Fatimah Md. Yusoff, Director of the Institute of Bioscience, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
• Opportunities and Challenges of Aquaculture in Thailand: Associate Professor Dr. Yont Musig, Dean of the Faculty of Fisheries Kasetsart University, Thailand
• Marine Aquaculture and Techniques: Professor Jianxin Chen, Senior Advisor Former Director of the Freshwater Fisheries Center and the Yellow Sea Fisheries Research Institute, China
• Organic Shrimp Farming: Mr. Prayoon Hongrath, Owner Sureerath Farm, Thailand
• The NACA’s Regional Aquatic Animal Health Programme: Dr. CV Mohan, Aquatic Animal Health Specialist Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific, Thailand
• Profitability in Aquaculture Operations: Dr. Farshad Shishehchian, Regional Aquaculture Specialist, Novus, Thailand.
About the speakers:
Speakers in this conference include:
• Dr. Somying Piomsombun, Deputy Director-General of the Department of Fisheries, Thailand and a well known expert in fishery economics.
• Professor Dr. Fatimah Md. Yusoff, Director of the Institute of Bioscience (UPM) and a highly respected specialist on tropical aquatic ecosystem management.
• Professor Dr. Yont Musig, Dean of the Faculty of Fisheries of Kasetsart University and member of key organizations in Thailand such as the National Fisheries Committee and of the Board of Directors of Fish Marketing organization.
• Professor Dr. Jiaxin Chen, one of the world’s foremost experts in marine culture. Former Director of the Chinese Freshwater Fisheries Center and the Yellow Sea Fisheries Research Institute.
• Mr. Prayoon Hongrath, one of the pioneers in shrimp farming in Thailand currently on the process of obtaining organic certification for shrimp production.
• Dr. CV Mohan, a Regional Aquatic animal health specialist at NACA (Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia), managing the regional aquatic animal health programme in 21 countries across the Asia-Pacific region.
• Dr. Farshad Shishehchian, Novus, an aquaculture specialist with over 10 years of experience industry in the fields of Research, Shrimp Farm and Hatchery management in Asia and the Middle East.
Aquaculture Today and Tomorrow is sponsored by Novus Aqua. It will take place on Thursday, March 8, 2007 in Grand Hall 203. For more information contact Dr Farshad Shishehchian, Regional Aqua Specialist, Novus International Pte Ltd: Farshad.Shishehchian@novusint.com
or visit www.viv.net