Monitor and controls systems provider, Norvidan Overseas A/S, Odense, Denmark, won the 2014 Aquafeed Innovation Award with its NODS (Norvidan On-line Density) System. NODS is a measuring system that can detect the bulk density of aquafeed, pet food and other products, allowing the process parameters to be ajusted immediately to increase or decrees product density. This is particularly important for aquafeed, since this determines the sinking or floating properties of the pellet.
The Aquafeed Innovation Award is presented by Aquafeed.com, the information resource for the worldwide aquaculture feed industry, to honor the achievements and contribution of the allied industries to the advancement of aquafeed development. To be considered, products needed to create significant benefit to the manufacture of aquafeed in terms of innovation, efficiency, profitability, safety or sustainability.
\"The sustained growth of aquaculture is dependent on the development of appropriate feed. So much of the success enjoyed today by the aquafeed sector is the direct result of developments by the supply industry\", Suzi Dominy said.
Entries were judged by an international panel, selected for their practical, commercial feed production experience and expertise. The 2014 panel comprised:
• Dr. Dean M. Akiyama, Senior Vice President PT Central Proteinaprima (CPP) and Managing Director Shrimp Improvement Systems, Jakarta, Indonesia
• Dr. Richard Smullen, Technical Manager, Ridley AgriProducts Pty. Ltd., Australia
• Yeo Keng Joon - Chairman and Managing Director, Bharat Luxindo Agrifeeds Pvt Ltd, India
• Peter. Hutchinson, Director ENH Ltd./Director Extrusion Co., Auckland, New Zealand
• Dr. Warren Dominy, Senior Technical Consultant, Aquafeed.com, Kailua, Hawaii
The NODS (Norvidan On-line Density) System will be featured in the Summer issue of the Aquafeed.com magazine, AQUAFEED: Advances in Processing & Formulation.