The Soy Aquaculture Alliance is seeking research proposals aimed at increasing the use of US soy meal and oil as replacements for fishmeal and fish oil in fish and shrimp feeds.
Awards will be made to proposals on the following topics:
- Systems: Research into intensive aquaculture systems that will support increased use of US soy in aquaculture diets.
- Genetics: Fish and shrimp research that would allow greater inclusion of US soy in aquaculture diets.
- Dietary Formulations and Nutrition: Holistic research into expanding the practical and rational inclusion of US soy in aquaculture diets.
- Nutrition Differentiation: Research to explain the value of US soybean meal in aquaculture diets.
Research proposals should include the following:
- US soy protein ingredients as major protein sources in feeds for farmed fish or shrimp
- US soy oil as a fish oil replacement in feeds for farmed fish or shrimp
A copy of the specification for proposals can be obtained here.