The FAO Trade and Markets Division has released the October 2018 issue of the Monthly News Report on Grains.
This month’s MNR includes the following:
- Brazil’s Bolsonaro backs ethanol industry, pledges partnership
- Russia. High dependence on grain in formulations means ongoing volatility in feed prices
- Iran wheat imports down to zero amid global crisis
- China grain imports plunge in September amid trade war with US, higher prices
- Australian wheat production, exports forecast to be lowest in 11 years
- Drought takes toll on European cereal production
- Egypt studying wheat hedging, still buying spot
- Feds weigh in on Canadian durum issue
- France to compete with Russia and Ukraine to export wheat to Morocco
- Turkey to use national currency for wheat imports from Russia
- The State of Food and Agriculture: 2018 - FAO
- World Food and Agriculture – Statistical Pocketbook 2018 – FAO
- Commodity Markets Outlook October 2018 – World Bank
Click here to read the report.