EUMOFA launched the world’s most comprehensive publicly accessible trade database on fisheries and aquaculture products.
The European Market Observatory for Fisheries and Aquaculture Products (EUMOFA) is a platform developed by the European Commission that offers information on the European Union (EU) fisheries and aquaculture sector. It gives access to the latest industry data, analyses, EU market dynamics, and supports business decisions and policy-making.
Through this new dataset, bilateral trade information of 68 non-EU countries is publicly available and accessible in all 24 EU official languages. The data covers monthly imported and exported volumes and values for each species traded by presentation and preservation state, and by partner country.
The international trade data of all EU 28 countries plus Norway and Iceland are already available on the website. With this new dataset, EUMOFA is the first publicly available service covering import and export of around 100 countries in the world.
Through this new query, users will be able to:
- Monitor international exchanges of main commercial species.
- Analyze trade flows of raw material and processed products.
- Compare prices of species exported/imported in different markets.
- Identify emerging markets, trends and supply sources to identify potential opportunities.
- Compare market shares with competitors.